C:0,75% / Ni:2,0%
- Very flexibe and therefore perfect for filleting knife and thin blades
- Color if used in damascus steel: silver
- Hardness approximately 60 HRC
- The material is pre-hardened to about 45HRC, but can be processed with good tools
- Perfect for making damascus steel together with 1.2842 + 1.2235 for tough and razorsharp blades
- Recommended for sharpness level B
Tip for damascus steel: If you need thicker layers simply use the steel double or triple. 75Ni8 welded easily with itself!
Important info: The Steel is soft annealed and comes to us in big sheets (about 2x1m). The sheets are cut for us into stripes of 40 to 60mm.
Because of the cutting process the steel may be a little twisted, but it is easy to bend it straight again by using your knee, a vice, or hammer and anvil.