Whetstone 150/600 (Schmiedeglut special stone)
Silicon carbide is harder than corundum and therefore suitable for very hard steels for grinding. The abrasive grains are sharp-edged than that of corundum, so you will also grind aggressive. This bank-grindstone will not finish the blade, but is used when you want to change the grinding angle fundamentally, the cutting edge has been damaged, or you want to give a homemade knife the very first sharpening angle. The gross whetstone has been made to form the shape of the cutting edge. For high sharpness then must be reground with finer grinding stones (for example, 1000/3000 / leather)
The benefits from Schmiedeglut grinding stones- Extremely high abrasive particles ensure good removal even in hard blade with more than 60 HRC
- Both sides of the Stone are quite hard. You are able to grind "back and forth"
- The sharpening stone wears out not as fast as many other stones
- The abrasive particles are well distributed evenly and uniformly great.
- The size can be very pleasant also sharpen large chef's knife on the Stone
- Two grid in one stone: 150/600 (blue / white)
- With the 150 grit you grind away material really quickly from the blade
- With the 600 grit you remove the deep scratches of 150 grit. For high sharpness then must be reground with finer grinding stones (for example, 1000/3000 /leather)
- Material: silicon carbide
Application: Place the stone before use briefly in water. If it is no longer "bubbles" You can start with the sharpening. If the stone is dry, moisten it with some water sparingly.
|Product weight:||0,90 Kg|