The steel for rugged hunting knife, Bushcraft, outdoor knives
- Very tough and high cutting performance even at shock loads (eg wood chop)
- Color in the Damascus steel is grey
- Hardness of approximately 61 HRC
- Uncomplicated wo work with
- Recommended for tough knives and sharp swords (for blunt swords we recommend 55Si7)
- Very good results in sharpness levels A to C
Hardening:. 820 ° / annealing at 180 ° C for 1 hour to pale yellow = approximately 61 HRCImportant info: The Steel is soft annealed and comes to us in big sheets (about 2x1m). The sheets are cut for us into stripes of 40 to 60mm.
Because of the cutting process the steel may be a little twisted, but it is easy to bend it straight again by using your knee, a vice, or hammer and anvil.
|Product weight:||1,82 Kg|